Drunk Driving

If you have been hit by a drunk driver, you have a good chance of winning a lawsuit.

An injury lawsuit based on drunk driving is filed by the victim of a drunk driver, or in the case of a fatality, filed by the victim’s next of kin, to recover damages.


502-444-HURT (4878)

You can also get answers about injury from vehicles from our Drunk Driving FAQ below.

Frequently Asked Questions About Drunk Driving

Yes, you can sue a drunk driver even if there was no DUI conviction. No conviction means the prosecution could not prove their case beyond and to the exclusion of all reasonable doubt. The standard in a civil case is less. Evidence that the drunk driver was intoxicated or impaired will be a decision for …
Read More

Whether or not you settle a case with a drunk driver or settle with the insurance company depends on how much money is on the table. If the other side is putting up enough money to fully compensate you for losses than it makes sense to resolve the case. If they are low-balling you into …
Read More

If an insurance company is pressuring you to settle with a drunk driver you should ABSOLUTELY speak to a lawyer first. The insurance company isn’t your friend. They want to pay you as little as possible to resolve the claim. A personal injury lawyer can hold their feet to the fire and have them pay …
Read More

A driver being convicted of DUI in Kentucky is a bit different than just getting a settlement. There are two aspects to a DUI case: criminal and civil. The criminal case is wherer the Commonwealth prosecutes the defendant. When the defendant takes a plea or goes to trial and loses there will be punishments. The …
Read More

There is no average drunk driving settlement because there is no average case. I can say that DUI cases do have tendency to command a premium over non DUI cases. In my experience this is somewhere between double and triple a non DUI case. The settlement depends on the actions of the drunk driver, medical …
Read More

You can sue a drunk driver for an accident that caused a brain injury to your family member. If the family member is not able to speak or function than a lawyer can help petition the court to appoint you as guardian. Once that happens you can prosecute the case against the drunk driver for …
Read More

More FAQ About Drunk Driving