Even the nicest dog can have a bad day or make a serious mistake. Fortunately in the state of Kentucky it is the responsibility of the dog owner to make sure you and your loved ones are safe from dog attacks and dog bite injuries. So if you have been bitten or know someone who has been bitten and you were wondering what your options are, here are some helpful considerations;
Can I sue if I get bitten by a dog?
- Yes. You can sue if you get bit by a dog in Kentucky.
- You are entitled to compensation for your past/present/future emotional and physical pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of future income, and medical expenses.
- If you suffer scarring as a result of a Kentucky dog bite it will be included in your damages.
- It is important to hire a lawyer ASAP on a dog bite case.
- The statute of limitations runs one year after the bite unless the victim is a minor.